|Name||Dr. Sujit Sarkhel|
|Qualification||MBBS, DPM, MD (CIP Ranchi)|
|Area of Interest||Suicide, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Child& Adolescent Psychiatry, Consultation Liaison Psychiatry|
• Reviewer of Journals: BMJ Case Reports , BMC Psychiatry. Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology, Indian Journal of Dermatology
• Hony. Editor: Bengal Journal of Psychiatry
• Associate Editor: Indian Journal of Psychiatry
• Assistant Editor: Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine, Indian Journal of Private Psychiatry
• Editorial Board Member: Open Journal of Psychiatry and Allied Sciences, Annals of Indian Psychiatry
• Thesis Guide and Co guide to many MD, MPhil and MSc Nursing trainees
• Presented a Symposium on “Medico legal Aspects of Attempted Suicide in India” at Annual National Conference of IPS(ANCIPS,2020) held at Kolkata in January,2020
• Presented a topic on “Plagiarism in scientific writing: How to detect and how to avoid” as a part of Workshop on Publication and Presentation conducted by the Indian Journal of Psychiatry at ANCIPS, January,2020 held at Kolkata
• Conducted an Invited ICMR sponsored Workshop on “Treatment & Rehabilitation in Psychoactive Substance Dependence: Multidisciplinary Perspective” at 38th Annual Conference of ISPSW held at CIP, Ranchi in February, 2020
• Delivered a lecture on “Drug induced Movement Disorders” at PG CME for post graduate psychiatry residents held in virtual platform on 4.10.2020
• Delivered a lecture on “Role of Media in Suicide Prevention” as a part of All India CME organized by Suicide Prevention Specialty Section of the Indian Psychiatric Society on 10.9.2020
• Delivered a talk on “ How should Mental Health Professionals Interact with the Media” as a part of World Mental Health Day,2020 Organized by Indian Psychiatric Society, West Bengal State Branch
• Delivered a lecture on “Towards ICD 11” at Mid term CME of Indian Psychiatric Society, Eastern Zonal Branch held in July, 2021
• Delivered a lecture on “Covid 19 and Domestic Violence” as part of Annual Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society, West Bengal State Branch in September, 2021
• Written book chapters as follows
— Sarkhel S, Paul I, Mehta V. Sexual Dysfunctions in Psychiatric Disorders. In : IPS Textbook of Sexuality and Sexual Medicine (In Press)
–Co-Editor of Indian Psychiatric Society (IPS) Textbook -Suicide: Indian Perspectives (In Press)
–Co-Editor of IPS Publication: Different Strokes- Special Issue on Covid 19 (In Press)
• Delivered the prestigious R B Davies Oration as the Best Young Researcher of Eastern Zone at IPS East Zone CME (CEZIPS) held at Bodh Gaya in 2018.
• Transcranial Magnetic stimulation for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: An updated systemic review and Meta-analysis. Trevizol AP, Shiozawa P, Cook IA, Sato IA, Kaku CB, Guimarães FB, Sachdev P, Sarkhel S, Cordeiro Q. J ECT. 2016 Dec;32(4):262-266.
• Trevizol AP, Shiozawa P, Sato IA, Sachdev P, Sarkhel S, et al. (2016) Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation for Anxiety Symptoms: An Updated Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Abnorm Behav Psychol .2016.2: 108.
• Knowledge about Dementia among Doctor and Nurses in a Medical College Hospital in India. Biswas A, Dey S, Sarkhel S, Majumder U, Makhal M, Das S K. J Alzheimers Parkinsonism Dementia.2017; 2(1)
• A Psychological Study of Male, Female Related and Unexplained Infertility in Indian Urban Couples. De D, Roy P K, Sarkhel S. Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology.2017,April:1-12
• Anxiety and Depression in Irritable Bowel syndrome. Banerjee A, Sarkhel S, Sarkar R, Dhali , G K. Indian J Psychol Med. 2017 Nov-Dec;39(6):741-745..
• Prodromal symptoms and temperamental characteristics in first episode psychotic mania: re-looking the cynosure. Motichand S, Sarkhel S, Ram D, Praharaj S K. Open Journal of Psychiatry and Allied Sciences. Accepted for Publication.
• Prevalence of Obsessive-Compulsive Spectrum Disorders in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Siddiqui MA, Ram D, Munda SK, Siddiqui SV, Sarkhel S. Indian J Psychol Med. 2018 May-Jun;40(3):225-231.
• Probable psychiatric disorder in a rural community of West Bengal, India.
Barik A, Sarkhel S, Basu S, Chowdhury A, Rai RK. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2017 Dec;52(12):1495-1500.
• Changes in sleep pattern and sleep quality during COVID-19 lockdown. Gupta R, Grover S, Basu A, Krishnan V, Tripathi A, Subramanyam A, Nischal A, Hussain A, Mehra A, Ambekar A, Saha G, Mishra KK, Bathla M, Jagiwala M, Manjunatha N, Nebhinani N, Gaur N, Kumar N, Dalal PK, Kumar P, Midha PK, Daga R, Tikka SK, Praharaj SK, Goyal SK, Kanchan S, Sarkar S, Das S, Sarkhel S, Padhy SK, Sahoo S, Satyanarayana Rao TS, Dubey V, Menon V, Chhabra V, Lahan V, Avasthi A. Indian J Psychiatry. 2020 Jul-Aug;62(4):370-378.
• Clinical Practice Guidelines for Psychoeducation in Psychiatric Disorders : General Principles of Psychoeducation. Sarkhel S, Singh OP, Arora M.
Indian J Psychiatry. 2020 Jan; 62(Suppl 2):S319-S323.
• Sarkhel S, Bakhla AK, Praharaj SK, Ghosal MK. Information overload regarding COVID-19: Adaptation and validation of the cancer information overload scale. Indian J Psychiatry 2020; 62:481-7.
• Singh PK, Kumar V, Ameen S, Sarkhel S, Prahraj S, Menon V. Clinical Practice Guidelines for Publication Ethics. Indian J Psychiatry (Accepted for Publication)
• Singh P, Chakraborty B, Sarkhel S, Ray S, Patra PS, Das K. Indian Outpatients with Idiopathic Chronic Pancreatitis Have Catastrophic Healthcare Expenditure, Malnutrition, Anxiety/Depression and Work Impairment. Digestive Diseases and Sciences. doi.org/10.1007/s10620-021-07255-0