Prof Dr Pradip Kumar Saha was the Principal Investigator in many studies.
- First ever psychiatric epidemiology study funded by West Bengal Govt known as SCOPE study.
- He was the collaborator in NIMHANS study for psychiatric epidemiology in India.
Ongoing research as a part of MD Psychiatry course:
- Soumi Ghosh (Guide : Prof. Dr. Pradip Kumar Saha, Co-Guides: Dr. Partha Sarathi Kundu, Prof. Dr. Rita Pal, HOD, Dept. of Anesthesiology) : “Comparing The Efficacy Of Ketamine In Severe Depression With Suicidal Intent In Patients Receiving Antidepressant And Antidepressant Along With Ketamine From The First Day Of Administration Of Ketamine”
- Arunangshu Podder ( Guide: Prof. Dr. Amit Kumar Bhattacharya, Co-Guide: Dr. Manish Kumar): “Internet Gaming Addiction in Adolescents and its Behavioural Correlates and Co-morbidity”
- Anindya Mondal ( Guide: Dr.Anirban Ray , Co-Guide: Dr. Partha Sarathi Kundu): “ Smart Phone Use in Young College Students and its Behavioural & Cognitive Symptoms”
- Saheli Dey (Guide: Dr.Anirban Ray, Co-Guide: Dr. Manish Kumar): “ Effect of Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) over Right Parietal Cortex in Patients with Generalised Anxiety Disorder: A Randomized Double Blind Sham Controlled Study”
- Sourav Bag (Guide: Prof. Dr. Amit Kumar Bhattacharya, Co-Guide: Dr. Supartha Barua): “ Cognitive Flexibility and Response Inhibition in Different Subgroups of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Patients, Correlation with its Severity and Comparison with Healthy Control”
- Soheil Rana (Guide: Prof. Dr. Amit Kumar Bhattacharya, Co-Guide: Dr. Paramita Roy): “Comparative study on Anticraving Efficacy of Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) in Patients with Alcohol or Cannabis or Opioid Dependence”
- Santarul Haque (Guide: Dr.Indranil Saha, Co-Guide: Ar. Anirban Ray): “A Study of Comparison of Slow Wave sleep and Rapid eye Movement Sleep and Rapid eye Movement Sleep Latency in Patients with Depression, Schizophrenia and Obsesive Compulsive Disorder with Normal Controls”
- Subham Chatterjee (Guide: Prof. Dr, Pradip Kumar Saha, co-Guide: Dr. Partha Sarathi Kundu): “Volumetric Assessment of Schizophrenia Patients-A Trait or state Marker? “
- Saswati Pal (Guide: Prof.Dr. Pradip Kumar saha, Co-Guide: Dr.Anirban Ray): “Association of Vitamin d levelwith ore Symptoms of Autism Spectrum Disorder in Eastern India.”
- Pratya Bhowal (Guide: Prof.Dr.Pradip Kumar Saha, Co-Guide: Dr. Supartha Barua): “Changes in Socio Behavioral Patterns in Peri COVID Era- A Descriptive Phenomenological study.”
- Bidisha Chakraborty (Guide: Prof. Dr. Pradip Kumar Saha, Co-Guide; Dr. Partha Sarathi Kundu): “Prevalence of Internet Addiction during the COVID-19 Pandemic and its Risk Factors, among Adolescents; A Cross-Sectional School –Based Study.”
- Kaushik Pal (Guide: Dr.Anirban Ray): “ A Cross Sectional Study on Impact of online Classes and Social Isolation during COVID-19 Pandemic Era on Behavioral Addiction and Related Psychiatric Co-Morbidities in Adolescents”
- Disha Mukherjee ( Guide: Dr. Anirban Ray) : “Clinical, Biochemical and Demographic Predictors of Metabolic syndrome in Schizophrenia Patients Treated with antipsychotics- A Follow Up study”
- Madhurima Mondal (Guide: Prof. Dr. Amit Kumar Bhattacharya): “Psychosocial and Behavioral impact of /covid-19 Pandemic and Lockdown in Children with Neurodevelopmental Disorder’
- Arup Basak (Guide: Prof. Dr. Amit Kumar Bhattacharya): “Comparative Study of Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Mental Health status of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder and OCD.”
- Prakash Roshan Murmu (Guide: Dr. Paramita Roy): “ Prevalence of Depression and Anxiety During the /covid-19 Pandemic among the Residents of an Urban Slum in Kolkata.”
- Sujit Mondal (Guide: Prof. Dr. Amit Kumar Bhattacharya): “Psychiatric morbidity among Health Care Workers Posted in COVID Hospital during the COVID-19 Panemic and /comparison witn Non-COVID Posted Health Care Workers.”
- Ranjan Mallick (Guide: Prof.Dr. Pradip Kumar Saha, Co-Guide: Dr. Arghya Halder): “ Effect of Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation(rTMS) Over Left Dorselateral Pre frontal Cortex (DLPFC) in Positive and Negative Symptoms and Quality of Life in Patients with Negative /symptoms of Schizophrenia- a Randomized Sham Controlled Study.”
Thesis Completed and submitted as a part of requirement of MD Psychiatry course last year:
- Dr.Sumedha Roy (Guide: Prof.Dr. Amit Kumar Bhattacharya, c-guide: Dr. Nikhilesh Mondal)Effectiveness Of Neurofeedback Training, Behaviour Management Including Attention Enhancement Training And Medication In Children With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder – A Comparative Follow Up Study.”
- Dr.Iman Baidya: (Guide: Prof. Dr. Pradip Kumar Saha, Co-Guide: Dr. Manish Kumar): “ The Effect of Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation on Nicotine Use in Patients with Schizophrenia.”
- Dr. Aakanksha Malhotra (Guide : Prof (Dr) Pardip Kumar Saha, co guide: Prof (Dr) Suchandra Mukherjee (HOD, Dept of neonatology)) “motor coordination, neurodevelopment and behavioral problems in extreamly low birth weight survivors during first four years of life in eastern India”
- Dr. Althea Wotsa (Guide: Prof. Dr. Pradip Kumar Saha, Co-Guide: Dr. Partha Sarathi Kundu): “Slow Wave and Sleep Spindles in Schizophrenia and Healthy First Degree Relatives: association with Impaired Cognitive Function and Potential Intermediate Phenotype.”
Research completed and submitted for publication in Institute’s Journal:
- Riyal Das, Aniket Mukherjee, Soumyadeep Saha, Pradip Kumar Saha.
“A Comparative Study of Impact of Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) over Supplementary Motor Area (SMA) and Orbitofrontal Cortex (OFC), on Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Patients”.
Ongoing Researches in the dept. of Psychiatric Epidemiology:
- Long Term Psychological impact in COVID-19 Positive Patients, 3 to 6 Months after their Recovery. Is there any Rural-Urban Difference? Did Pre-existing Organic Co-Morbidity Play any Role?
- Serum Magnesium level and Severity of Schizophrenia, Depression, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: A Cross Sectional Hospital Based Study in a Tertiary Care Hospital in Eastern India.
- Metabolic side Effects of antidepressants, and the Increasing Risk to Obesity among subjects of ages 18-50 Years on antidepressant Treatment Regime.
- Does Insight into the disease play a role in Suicidal Ideation in patients with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? A hospital based cross sectional study